Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lilly's First Easter


Easter got off to a rough start when I woke-up still exhausted from nursing Lilly pretty much non-stop all night long, after I went to bed a little bit later than I should have. My husband took Lilly to the store with him, so I could get some more sleep. He has taken-up baby wearing. He wore her in our Ergo and I hear they had a great time looking around at a home improvement store.

When they got back, we gave Lilly her Easter basket. She liked her new toys! I'm trying to buy safer, less toxic products, so the Easter bunny left her a Klean Kanteen sippy cup to match her mommy's, some Haba first blocks, stacking cups from Green Toys that I read about at SAF Baby, and a children's book by Neil Gaman (one of my husband's favorite authors).

For a onesie like Lilly's check out this tutorial
While nursing Lilly down for her morning nap, I watched my sister open a Kinder egg the size of my hand (thanks Skype for Android!) with a snap bracelet inside. Can you believe those lucky Europeans get to have chocolate eggs with prizes inside? They are illegal in the US. The vacuum and my barking dog ended Lilly's morning nap super early and I was worried we'd have a cranky baby when our guests arrived. I was planning on using Lilly's nap time to get ready, because my husband was picking up the backyard. A babywearing daddy came to the rescue and wore Lilly on his back while I got ready. She fell back asleep while he watered the grass, so she got her morning nap after all!

My husband's family and two of my long time best friends came over for a vegetarian bar-be-que. I invited everyone to Easter specifically so both extended family's could see Lilly on Easter, but both of my parents wound up being sick. My mom was very disappointed! (My dad is having surgery soon and I didn't expect him to feel up to coming.) However, my best friends are an important part of my family and I'm so glad that I at least got to spend Easter with them!

We had delicious black bean burgers (in case you were wondering what vegetarians bar-be-que) as well as other amazing foods.My friend and I hid over 40 eggs for my nieces to find.I think the day turned out great, but the highlight for me was nursing Lilly in my ring sling while we ate. She nursed down for a nap and slept for a good long while with everyone talking and eating. A month ago she was way too distracted to nurse around people, let alone nap that way! So, I didn't have to miss out on eating with everyone, because of course she decided it was time for her to eat at the same exact time that our food was done!

In addition to Lilly's onesie, tutu, and some other little crafts, I made my utensils look like carrots and the cups into chickens!
My friend made everyone an Easter smore kit! Except for me. I don't eat peeps, because they aren't vegetarian, but she brought me some Reese's eggs instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment